At LightForce Orthodontics we use advanced manufacturing technologies and proprietary CAD software to create the world’s best orthodontic treatment experience. We create 100% patient-matched orthodontic ceramic brackets designed from digital impressions with the goal of reducing treatment duration for patients and chair-time for clinicians.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance Team. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic self-starter that communicates effectively, is process and data-driven, works well under pressure, and is eager to learn.
This role will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Finance department, monitoring and analyzing accounting data to produce financial reports, and establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
Ideal candidates will have worked at a venture capital backed technology company with inventory management experience and knowledge in using various ERPs, particularly NetSuite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the consolidated monthly close of the general ledger including assisting in the preparation of month end journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of the US parent and international subsidiaries
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and related analysis of actual results to budget
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, which includes the processing of vendor invoices, review and approval of expense reports, and 1099 filings
- Support Human Resources in the Payroll function
- Take ownership of monthly/quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Prepare the accounting for inventory transactions
- Own the Sales Order Entry and Accounts Receivable functions including generating invoices, cash collections, the posting of cash receipts, interaction with clients regarding past due balances and open aging analysis
- Help with the accounting for all revenue transactions including the proper revenue recognition in compliance with the latest accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the implement of LightForce’s new ERP (NetSuite)
- Manage the annual audit of the company’s financial statements
- Establish and/or update accounting policies & procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience auditing or working in venture backed technology companies
- Experience with manufacturing/inventory accounting a plus
- Experience with consolidations and foreign currencies a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, see, listen, and speak
- Office environment up to 90%
- Work is generally performed in an open office, sedentary position.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited temperature fluctuations, heated and air condition environment.
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.