At LightForce Orthodontics we use advanced manufacturing technologies and proprietary CAD software to bring “mass-customization” to the ever changing orthodontics industry. We create the world’s first 100% patient-matched orthodontic ceramic brackets designed from digital impressions with the goal of reducing treatment duration for patients and chair-time for clinicians while improving patient outcomes. Our mission is to empower orthodontists with the best technology to create a bite and smile that is as unique as the patient.
As the first full-time finance hire at LightForce, the controller will handle high-level accounting, and oversee the financial operations of the company. The controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets. This position will report to the chief executive officer, and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning and insights as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting records and produce accurate financial reports
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee all actions and employees involved in the accounting process, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial statements, tax compliance, payroll, and inventory
- Responsible for formulating and forecasting company budgets
- Establish, collaborate, maintain and improve an accounts receivable and accounts payable system
- Oversee payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time
- Stay informed of all the local, state and federal tax laws and business regulations
- Maintain Capitalization Table and other equity management functions
- Organize and manage information and statements for audits, both internal and external
- Additional controller duties as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related field
- 4-5 years of experience as a controller, accountant, or related position
- Finance experience from a previous start-up in a high-growth tech environment
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to make effective and persuasive reports and presentations using original or innovative techniques on complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Excellent math skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, depreciation, commissions, proportions, percentages, ratios, fractions, and volume.
- Exceptional reasoning skills. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient with Accounting Software, Payroll Software, Microsoft Office, and Google Workplace
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Experience with Stripe, Bill.com, and/or QuickBooks is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, see, listen, and speak
- Office environment up to 90%
- Work is generally performed in an open office, sedentary position.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited temperature fluctuations, heated and air condition environment.
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.