Director of IT & IT Security
Burlington, MA or remote
LightForce Orthodontics is seeking a talented Director of IT to join our rapidly expanding team and business. As a director of IT you will be leading all aspects of IT & IT security including strategic planning, budget management and day to day operations. You will ensure our IT systems are operational, scalable, resilient and secure and through your work allow the business to operate as a future public company.
LightForce Orthodontics hires committed, self-motivated leaders and then gives them the freedom and flexibility to do great work. You will help implement the IT strategy efficiently through a mix of internal team members, external providers and cross department coordination.
- Ensure business continuity
- IT security including:
- Protect against and minimize the impact of ransomware and cybersecurity attacks
- Supporting various standards over time (HECVAT, ISO 27001, CSA STAR, SOC 2)
- HIPAA compliance
- Office IT Needs (e.g. conference rooms, WIFI, etc)
- Mobile Device Management & Help Desk
- In-House datacenter management (at multiple factories)
Soft Skill Requirements
- Strong people skills / high EQ. You understand that IT relies greatly on the relationship with all departments in the company.
- Ability to walk the fine line between IT as a service department helping other groups and IT as a protective function for the business.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to partner with executives and understand current and future business needs and to translate these needs into an IT roadmap, projects and projects scope.
- Ability to manage cost vs. risk as it relates to project scope. You will be able to judge “good enough”.
- Ability to manage projects to successful completion with a mix of in-house personnel and outside vendors / contractors. (Build vs. Buy/Rent)
- Ability to collaborate with software teams and DevOps to create a holistic IT approach.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, constantly changing environment with ill defined requirements - LightForce a startup growing extremely fast.
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years of prior experience in IT and/or engineering roles
- 5+ years of prior experience with managing IT group(s)
- Deep understanding in security with a demonstrated prior experience implementing security measures and/or a security standard
- Prior experience with outsourcing various IT aspects
- Prior experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Prior experience with VMware and virtualization
Optional but Desired Additional Experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with software & DevOps teams (software company a plus)
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
About LightForce Orthodontics
At LightForce Orthodontics we use advanced manufacturing technologies and proprietary CAD software to create the world’s best orthodontic treatment experience. We create 100% patient-matched orthodontic ceramic brackets designed from digital impressions with the goal of reducing treatment duration for patients and chair-time for clinicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.