Senior Data Engineer
Hybrid, 1-2 days per week in Burlington MA or Wilmington MA
At LightForce Orthodontics we use advanced manufacturing technologies and proprietary CAD software to create the world’s best orthodontic treatment experience. We create 100% patient-matched orthodontic ceramic brackets designed from digital impressions with the goal of reducing treatment duration for patients and chair-time for clinicians.
LightForce Orthodontics is seeking a Data Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team. As a Data Engineer, you will be supporting the entire LightForce organization for its data needs, helping enable the exponential growth of the company.
As a Data Engineer, you fulfill a critical role that enables the company to make data-based decisions. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and improving data infrastructure. You will make sure that all data within the organization is well managed and accessible.
LightForce Orthodontics hires committed, self-motivated employees and then gives them the freedom and flexibility to do great work. You will help to grow a fantastic engineering team and industry-changing tech company, to advance the orthodontic profession, and to provide positive health benefits to patients.
About Our Stack
● Scheduling/Orchestration: Lambda, Airflow
● ETL: Custom Typescript, SQL, DBT
● Data Warehouse: RDS/PostgreSQL, BigQuery
● Dashboarding: Quicksight
● Code versioning: Git
● Preferred languages: SQL, Python, Typescript
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Build, maintain, and improve the data infrastructure; from architecture to implementation.
● Create and maintain data pipelines and data warehouses.
● Setup and integrate reporting and business intelligence tools.
● Collaborate with and coach other junior data engineers and analysts.
● Lead development of more complex dashboards.
● 3+ years of experience as a data engineer.
● BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other engineers as well as internal/external stakeholders
● SQL proficiency. You must be able to build and performance tune complex transformation, reporting, and validation queries – preferably in PostgreSQL – to ensure accuracy, scalability, and maintainability of code.
● Analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple, data driven solutions.
● 5+ years as a data engineer.
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
● Professional software development experience.
● Professional hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure.
● Experience using git and Jira.
Perks and Benefits (US Employees Only)
● Unlimited PTO for exempt employees
● 9 paid holidays per year
● Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans ● Group plan voluntary life insurance
● Fringe benefits
● 401k retirement plan
● Paid parental leave
● Allowances for those in commercial sales positions
● Workplace perks such as food/coffee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.