Senior Financial Analyst
Burlington, MA (with flexible hybrid work available)
LightForce is a 3D printing technology company focused on the orthodontic space. Our digital platform empowers orthodontists with 3D-printed tooth-moving tools. In 2019, we launched our first product - the world’s only, fully customized 3D printed bracket system and digital treatment software. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. Learn more at: www.lf.co
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic self-starter that communicates effectively, is process and data-driven, works well under pressure, and is eager to learn.
This role will be responsible for spear-heading the Company’s budgeting and forecasting process, variance/trend analysis and special projects. This role will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management to also include: analysis of product revenue and financial results, capital expenditure reviews, budget preparation, board presentations, acquisition analysis, and other projects requested by senior management.
Ideal candidates will have worked at a venture capital backed technology company with inventory management experience and knowledge in using various ERPs, particularly NetSuite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the finance-ops relationship with senior leadership across multiple markets and functions
- Support senior leadership team and department heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to the senior management team and work closely with market leaders to develop budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze current and past trends all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital project expenditures
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of the Operating Plan process, quarterly/rolling forecasts, and financial modeling tools to provide full P&L financial support and consolidation across multiple legal entities
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Conduct quarterly and monthly financial reviews with operational budget owners
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in manufacturing, product costing, marketing programs, capital projects and product roll-outs
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred, CPA a plus
- 5+ years experience as a financial analyst preferably in a high-growth environment
- Experience monitoring operating expense budgets for SG&A, R&D and capital construction projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong leadership and cross-functional leadership skills required and the ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Experience constructing and maintaining accurate predictive financial models
- Highest standards of integrity, accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated. Able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- An inquisitive mind and collaborative approach to problem solving is required
- Product revenue & expense analysis experience a plus
- Experience using budget software tools and NetSuite or similar is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, use hands, see, listen, and speak.
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the preferred qualifications described.
LightForce has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a medical or religious exemption with accommodations in order to partake in certain activities in the United States.
LightForce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.