Area Sales Manager - Northwest
Northwest US. (Must reside near major city in either Northern California, Oregon, or Washington)
LightForce Orthodontics is a digital platform providing orthodontists with fully customized, 3D printed tooth-moving tools.
Founded in 2015 by Dr. Alfred Griffin, DMD, PhD, MMSc along with Dr. Lou Shuman, DMD, LightForce is revolutionizing the specialty through advanced manufacturing and technology. After four years of extensive research and development, LightForce launched their first product to the Orthodontic market- the world’s first, and only, fully customized 3D printed bracket system and digital treatment software. Learn more at www.lightforceortho.com.
As a LightForce Northwest Area Sales Manager your mission is to apply comprehensive knowledge of the LightForce system and promote it to accounts to facilitate trial and full integration. You will sell directly to professional orthodontic business owners, transforming an analog process into an innovative digital solution that makes orthodontic treatment planning, application, and straightening teeth easier, faster, and more accessible – while helping practitioners grow their business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a consultative sales approach to demonstrate how LightForce’s solutions will transform an analog business into a innovative digital workflow
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Plan and execute an area territory plan based on your understanding of the potential of customers
- Manage a defined geography of accounts to promote the LightForce system to new and existing customers with the goal of full LightForce integration
- Utilize analytics to help drive customer’s decision making
- Foster positive relationships with orthodontic practice team members (Treatment Coordinators, Office Managers, Assistants) within targeted practices. Build relationships within, utilizing a consultative and collaborative approach with the common goal of inspiring each team member to modernize and grow their business utilizing the LightForce system.
- Deliver Clinical Training and presentations both virtually and in person to a variety of customer types as well as internal audiences, to maximize implementation, utilization and integration of LightForce technology and refining office processes.
- Collaborate with LightForce Integration Specialists, and lead and manage the new customer onboarding strategy, and deliver full integration with both doctors and staff of orthodontic practices.
- Demonstrate leadership by displaying strategic thinking, having a global and company mindset, focusing on results, acting customer centric, and continuously developing skill sets.
- Stay active and engaged with important orthodontic related organizations to stay abreast of trends and changes in orthodontics that impact our business and customers.
- Utilize data/analytics to help customer’s drive decision making
- Orchestrate additional internal company resources to optimize the customer experience and provide ongoing promotion of LightForce solutions.
- Effective and independently manage booking of travel within company guidelines; ensuring to adhere to personal expenses and expense reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Be creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a high sense of urgency
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years outside business-to-business (B2B) sales experience.
- Industry experience selling a medical device, capital equipment, dental, orthodontic, or other relevant B2B experience
- Orthodontic sales is highly preferred
- Comfort with having clinical conversations with orthodontists
- Ability to facilitate business discussions with orthodontic practice owners (Cash flow analysis, ROI, P&L, etc.)
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Valid Driver's license and ability to travel
- Challenger Sales Mentality
- Great business acumen
- Eager to learn
- Problem solver
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Team player
- Regular business hours. Some nights and weekends required.
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.