Director of People Operations
Burlington, MA (with flexible hybrid work available)
LightForce is a 3D printing technology company focused on the orthodontic space. Our digital platform empowers orthodontists with 3D-printed tooth-moving tools. In 2019, we launched our first product - the world’s only, fully customized 3D printed bracket system and digital treatment software. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. Learn more at: www.lf.co
At LightForce, we strive to foster a workplace that allows people to be themselves, do their best work, and thrive. Reporting to the COO, the Director of People Operations will be responsible for helping us achieve that vision! This People leader will set the strategy and lead the execution of the policies, activities, and organization of the People and Recruiting department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of LightForce’s mission and talent strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Human Resources and Recruiting Department.
- Actively supports and fosters a culture of inclusion. Leads by example to make LightForce a great place to work.
- Operates as a player-coach, with a hands-on approach, leading and executing human resource programs including compensation; benefits and leave; employee relations matters; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to organizational design, recruiting, and retention.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Together with the Legal Department, monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with employment laws and regulations globally, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Performs other duties as required to support business needs.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, and ability to stay abreast of changes in the same.
- Proficient with Google Workspace.
- Proficiency with and demonstrated ability to quickly learn an HRIS and talent management system.
- Common sense, good judgement, and a commitment to positive teamwork!
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least seven years of human resource management experience.
- Depth in at least one of the following areas, and broad experience leading more than one: Talent & Recruiting; Performance Management; Training & Development; Culture & Retention; Employee Engagement; Compensation & Benefits; Culture.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, or the ability and willingness to work toward this goal, preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, listen, and speak.
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the preferred qualifications described.
LightForce has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a medical or religious exemption with accommodations in order to partake in certain activities in the United States.
LightForce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.