Area Sales Manager
Remote Full-time - Manhattan, NY
LightForce is a 3D printing technology company focused on the orthodontic space. Our digital platform empowers orthodontists with 3D-printed tooth-moving tools. In 2019, we launched our first product - the world’s only, fully customized 3D printed bracket system and digital treatment software. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. Learn more at: www.lf.co
As an Area Sales Manager your mission is to apply comprehensive knowledge of the LightForce system and promote it to accounts to facilitate trial and full integration. You will sell directly to professional orthodontic business owners, transforming an analog process into an innovative digital solution that makes orthodontic treatment planning, application, and straightening teeth easier, faster, and more accessible – while helping practitioners grow their business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a consultative sales approach to demonstrate how LightForce’s solutions will transform an analog business into a innovative digital workflow
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Plan and execute an area territory plan based on your understanding of the potential of customers
- Manage a defined geography of accounts to promote the LightForce system to new and existing customers with the goal of full LightForce integration
- Utilize analytics to help drive customer’s decision making
- Foster positive relationships with orthodontic practice team members (Treatment Coordinators, Office Managers, Assistants) within targeted practices. Build relationships within, utilizing a consultative and collaborative approach with the common goal of inspiring each team member to modernize and grow their business utilizing the LightForce system.
- Deliver Clinical Training and presentations both virtually and in person to a variety of customer types as well as internal audiences, to maximize implementation, utilization and integration of LightForce technology and refining office processes.
- Collaborate with LightForce Integration Specialists, and lead and manage the new customer onboarding strategy, and deliver full integration with both doctors and staff of orthodontic practices.
- Demonstrate leadership by displaying strategic thinking, having a global and company mindset, focusing on results, acting customer centric, and continuously developing skill sets.
- Stay active and engaged with important orthodontic related organizations to stay abreast of trends and changes in orthodontics that impact our business and customers.
- Utilize data/analytics to help customer’s drive decision making
- Orchestrate additional internal company resources to optimize the customer experience and provide ongoing promotion of LightForce solutions.
- Effective and independently manage booking of travel within company guidelines; ensuring to adhere to personal expenses and expense reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Be creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a high sense of urgency
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3+ years outside business-to-business (B2B) sales experience.
- Industry experience selling a medical device, capital equipment, dental, orthodontic, or other relevant B2B experience
- Orthodontic sales is highly preferred
- Team player
- Business acumen
- Eager to learn
- Problem solver
- Comfort with having clinical conversations with orthodontists
- Ability to facilitate business discussions with orthodontic practice owners (Cash flow analysis, ROI, P&L, etc.)
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Valid Driver's license and ability to travel
- Requires the ability to use hands, and reach with hands and arms
- Requires the ability to see, listen, and speak
- Requires walking and standing for long periods of time
- Work is generally performed in an open office, sedentary position.
Perks and Benefits (US Employees Only)
- Unlimited PTO for exempt employees
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Group plan voluntary life insurance
- Fringe benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Allowances for those in commercial sales positions
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the preferred qualifications described.
LightForce Orthodontics has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a medical or religious exemption with accommodations in order to partake in certain activities in the United States.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.