LightForce is a 3D printing technology company focused on the orthodontic space. Our digital platform empowers orthodontists with fully customized, 3D-printed tooth-moving tools. In 2019, we launched our first product - the world’s only, fully customized 3D printed bracket system and digital treatment software. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. Learn more at: www.lf.co
We are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our Physical Manufacturing Team at LightForce. We are seeking the next level manager to lead our manufacturing technicians in our growing next level 3-D manufacturing facility. Our ideal manager communicates effectively, is process and data-driven, willingness to coach and train others and overall improving the process.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for the daily manufacturing by leading the 30-50 techs on a weekly basis. The manager will take the lead on coaching and developing the team. You will have the support and mentorship of experienced engineers but are expected to work independently. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead and Supervise 1-2 Process leads and 30-50 hourly technicians that work within the process on a 24/7 schedule.
● Responsible for overall scheduling, coordination and redirecting of labor.
● Setting and Meeting Operational Goals
● Mentor/Train and Develop Process Leads
● Interview and Hire - Temp to Permanent candidates
● Strategic planning and forecasting; assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
● This position requires a candidate that can drive and implement successful plans across multiple shifts and motivate others to follow your lead.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree
● 4+ plus management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment
● 1 plus years in managing 50 plus employees
● 2 plus years in Leadership experience
Required Qualification & Skills
● Ability to develop and communicate performance metrics to employees
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Strong organizational skills, ability to work with cross functional teams (production, hardware, and software teams)
● Excellent organizational skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
● Understanding of WMS systems
Preferred Qualification & Skills
● Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
● Experience with QuickSight, Jira, and/or GitHub is a plus
● Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
● Forklift or powered pallet jack experience
● HAZMAT OSHA Certified
● Prior Lean experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, see, listen, and speak. The ability to lift 50 pounds.
● Unlimited PTO
● Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
● Retirement account
● Paid parental leave
● Fitness & Wellness Reimbursement
● Office perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the preferred qualifications described.
LightForce has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a medical or religious exemption with accommodations in order to partake in certain activities in the United States.
LightForce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.